So you’re looking for some free funny poems and you landed on this site.
Good news! You’re in the right place.
I’ve been writing funny poems since my mother gave me a thick notebook and a deliciously smooth fountain pen for my fourteenth birthday. I still have the notebook (lost the pen) and every poem I’ve written ever since.
Some have made their way into my books and into magazines. Some are in anthologies and have been featured in educational tests. But there are many more that I’m happy to share with you as well.
There are funny family poems that make you realize that your family is not the only weird one on the block. For shear reading pleasure, try a few twisted funny poems and funny rhyming poems, all from my first book, A Little Bit of Nonsense. For a taste of the Great Lakes, try a few of my funny Michigan poems from my book, Great Lakes Rhythm & Rhyme.
Are you here for inspiration? Great! Read all you like and then write a few of your own. But be careful. This can be addictive!
Here are a few good places to start . . .
- Funny Poetry Books and Music CDs
- Enjoy our selection of funny poetry books and companion music CDs. Treat yourself -- and the kids and adults in your life.
- Funny Irish Poems
- Funny Irish poems have a special appeal to all genuine and honorary Irish people. Is it the leprechaun? The four-leaf clover? The blarney? Come on down and enjoy these funny Irish poems.
- Birthday Rhymes
- Birthday rhymes are the perfect way to make someone feel special on their birthday.
- Thank You Poems & Thank You Poetry
- Are you looking for thank you poems because the thought of writing one yourself is making you crazy? Here's the place to check in and borrow a piece of thank you poetry for your own personal use.
- Get Well Poems
- Looking for some get well poems to cheer up a special someone recovering from illness or surgery?
- Funny Wedding Poems
- Enjoy these funny wedding poems about the gown, the tux, the bridal shower and, of course, the cake!
- Funny Anniversary Poems
- These funny anniversary poems are the perfect gift for your husband or wife -- and some are great to give your special friends.
- Funny Mothers Day Poems - Mom Poems - Poems About Mom
- The funny Mothers Day poems and Mom Poems on this page are perfect for sharing with your mom or gramma.
- Funny Fathers Day Poems
- Funny Fathers Day poems are the perfect way to give your dad a laugh -- while letting him know how special he is to you.
- Funny Graduation Poems
- These free funny graduation poems are yours to share with your family and friends.
- Funny Thanksgiving Poems
- These Thanksgiving poems are funny. Read about dysfunctional families and several ways to have Thanksgiving -- with and without a turkey!
- Funny Christmas Poems
- Funny Christmas poems and funny Christmas poetry are a great way to bring a smile to your face and help you celebrate the Christmas holiday.
- Funny Valentine Poems
- Check out our free funny valentine poems. One of them might be just right for you to share with your special someone this year.
- Funny Poems
- A collection of funny poems -- from Barefoot Bob to a talking Sphinx.
- Funny Kids Poetry
- Enjoy our selection of funny kids poetry with links to many more pages of funny poems for kids.
- Food Poems
- Everyone likes food poems because everyone likes food! Read poems about breakfast foods and autumn corn. With links to more sources of food poetry.
- Funny Animal Poems
- These funny animal poems include wild animal poems as well as zoo poems. Enjoy funny rhymes about elephants, beaver, caribou, a snail and much, much more...
- Funny Rhyming Poems
- Come on in and sample some funny rhyming poems. Enjoy a fantabulous romp through the ridiculous. Funny poetry for your sheer enjoyment and entertainment. They're free and they're fun!
- Twisted Funny Poems
- These funny poems are twisted, offbeat and just a little weird. Come and enjoy our unusual collection of twisted funny poems.
- Funny Family Poems
- These funny family poems remind you that there is really no such thing as a "normal" family. Enjoy a letter home from camp, sibling rivalry, a grandma that can't bake cookies, and a very hairy uncle.
- Short Funny Poems
- They're short. They're snappy. And best of all, these short funny poems will make you laugh! Come see our wide and wild funny poem collection. Read them. Share them. Enjoy!
- Michigan Poetry
- This is your source for Michigan poetry. Several of these Michigan poems have been featured on the MEAP! Michigan animals, history, geography and more -- from the book,
- Funny School Poems
- Come and enjoy some funny school poems. Read about the dog who is burping up homework and monkeys who are acing science tests! Come and enjoy a romp through some ridiculous school poems.
- Funny Limericks
- Funny limericks are so much fun you could practically call them a guilty pleasure. Come and enjoy some free funny limericks.
- Grandmother Poems
- Enjoy these grandmother poems and grandma poems for Mother's Day and every day.
- Poetry Lessons
- Twelve Poetry Lessons designed to teach you how to write a poem. Read, write... and enjoy!
- Alliteration Poems
- Enjoy these examples of "alliteration poems." There's a "Slithery, Slidery, Scaly Old Snake," as well as "clutter clustered clingingly" in Betty's messy room -- and many, many more examples of alliter
- Personification Poems & Personification Poetry
- Personification Poems give human qualities to non-human or even inanimate objects, making for a poem with great imagery and description.
- Cinquain Poetry
- Cinquain poetry is a delightful, challenging, and fun alternative to haiku poetry. Learn the form and read sample cinquain poems.
- Acrostic Poems and Acrostic Poetry
- Acrostic poems are those poems written by using each letter of the title word. They are fun to write and a little bit challenging when you rhyme them a bit in alternating lines. Read on for acrostic
- Onomatopoeia Poems
- Onomatopoeia poems bop to the beat, buzz like a bee, slide slowly down, and whoosh through the door. Onomatopoeia are (obviously now) words that sound like what they're describing. Read and enjoy.
- Metaphor Poems
- Read these metaphor poems in action. Her smile was a cool welcome breeze on a hot summer day. His voice was crackling thunder, startling us to our feet making us quiver in primal fear.
- Funny Simile Poems
- Funny simile poems are as light as a mid-summer breeze, as heavy as a two-ton truck, silly as a well-dressed porch goose, and as serious as ... well, they're not too serious.
- Funny Sonnet Poems
- Did you think all sonnets are dusty old love poems? Check out these funny sonnet poems. In addition to one example of Shakespeare's own, come and enjoy three additional funny sonnet poems.
- Couplet Poems and Couplet Poetry
- Couplet poems, or couplet poetry, are poems comprised of two rhyming lines of verse. They can be as short as one couplet (two lines), or as long as it takes.
- Ballad Poetry and Ballad Poems
- The definition of ballad poetry, along with a couple of illustrated ballad poems.
- Funny Haiku Poems
- Funny haiku poems are short, sweet, and a derivative. Because true haiku poems by the masters are not intended to be funny. But it IS fun to take a classic form and transform it into something new.
- Contact Funny-Poems-For-Free.com
- Thsi is your place to contact funny-poems-for-free.com with any comments, questions or suggestions.
- Favorite Sites
- These are some of our favorite sites on the web.
Testimonials from Happy Poetry Readers
Thank you Denise, and let me say,
Your kind words of praise made my day.
Lucky to be alive,
I with my wife maintain,
That for us Brits living here in Spain,
Playing golf and bridge,
Life’s a sweet privilege.
And now more delight:
Today I found your splendid website.
It’s a tribute to you and your ability
You have so much talent, plus humility.
I wish you well and continued success.
From your new client, Alec, warm thanks and God bless.
about taking a poem to lunch!
I'm using one of your poems for a couple who are celebrating their Golden Wedding
this weekend. May I thank you very much.
Wonderful Poems. Thank you.
I read through some of your poems and They truly are enjoyable .... put a nice smile on my face. I hope you keep sharing.
May I use your poems with your website cited in the reference page in a 3rd grade Unit of Poetry I am writing?
I have enjoyed reading your